ving him with a traumatic brain injury. Then with him left in the hospital and handicapped for the rest of his life he feels he has lost all purpose. Then thats when you realize the real theme. Which is everything has a purpose, it can change, like used paper towel rolls. Once out of paper towel they can be used as telescopes for kids, or to help organize things or even use them to create scultptures. This is what happens to Ben. His purpose is no longer to fight but to bring hope to people and help motivate them or even show them how much worse things can get for them. I know Ben's condition impacts his family and friends positively also because in the story Ben's best friend comes up to him and says, "Hey, bud. Do you know you’re a hero? Do you know that we love you?”(Mazer 54).
This article just talks a little of what the book is about and what kind of story it is, like whether or not it's a sad or uplifting or intense story. It also talks about ways to know if you would like this book.
This book seems very good. I thought that this post was very thoughtful and well written. The theme definitely ties in with the book. The character, Ben, must be a very caring and kind person. I might not read it though, because I usually read uplifting stories, but I'll consider it.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a pretty good book, but agree with Sritej, I don't really like upsetting books.
ReplyDelete