Monday, July 7, 2014

    Summer Reading Blog Post 1      

Eddie Puisis

          I am reading the book Ship Breaker. This book is science fiction and takes place in the future. In this book the world has run out of oil and the ice caps have melted leaving all coastal cities practically flooded. This is where that main character Nailer lives. He is a scrawny kid who was born into poverty on the southern coast. Although being small isn't all that bad for him. He's able to find work with a crew that scavenged up old ships and since he's small he's the one to go in the small spaces and scrap up anything he can find. Right now Nailer is just trying to survive and doesn't hold many friendships. Except for his one good friend Pima who's always there for him like his mom used to before she died and now he's stuck with his abusive father who is addicted to drugs and alcohol.  Like I said his biggest worry now is surviving but i have a feeling he's going to find something in one of these ships thats going to change his life. This book is like a lot other apocalyptic type books. I read this other book earlier about this father in son traveling alone around the world scavenging for supplies and in one house they find something that changes their lives. That's why I'm guessing Nailer finds something is one of the ships.


No comments:

Post a Comment