Non-Fiction
I used to only read fiction books because I liked how they could be different and abstract. But recently after reading my book Playing for Knight which is a true story, I'm starting to really learn about the world. I think it's fun to read about things that are really happening.I've also started reading online articles just about current events, and it's fun to see what is happening that before I would never know about. Yes some of it is very boring, there are some non-fiction texts that are just awful to read, but not all are like that. I just recently read some articles on CNN and New York Times about the Trayvon Martin Case. It was unbelieveably different but i really liked it. I got to learn about new laws they were thinking about adding to the Doctrine of Self-Defense. Also i while reading I ended up picking a side so i get really into it and actually felt emotion while reading it.
I do recommend to read non-fiction to anyone. It really gets you caught up on things and can help you learn about current events and history. What's great about it is that it's real so you can go look it up to help you understand the text and learn something new. I'm not saying just read non-fiction, but i do highly recommend you read some on a daily bases. And not a whole lot you can just go look up a current article thats a page long online.
No comments:
Post a Comment