Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Characterization of "The Road"

     My book the "The Road" has some very awkward characters in the book. There are really only 2 characters so far in this book and one is a man and another is a boy who is supposedly his son but I'm not quite sure. I'm about half way through and I still haven't figured out the characters names yet. They both are fairly simple characters. I find the man to be very caring and loving of the boy, although he doesn't show much emotion, you can tell he cares through his actions. The man always makes sure the boy wanders off and makes sure he eats and has the energy to move on. A couple times the boy runs off and the man gets mad at him and that shows a parenting style which means he cares for the boy. The boy is very curious and I don't think he knows what happened to the world and is always asking his father questions about things. I feel like although the boys doesn't know what happened I think he knows they might not make it and it makes me feel sad.


   
 Although it confuses me how the father responds to his questions. He gives very simple and incomplete answers. One of their conversations go,


We have to stop
Its really cold
I know
Where are we?
Where are we?
Yes
I don't know
If we are going to die would you tell me?
I don't know. We're not going to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment