Finished Miracle on 49th Street
I finished the book Miracle of 49th Street by Mike Lupica and I was very disappointed in the book. In the beginning I thought this book had some potential with a girl looking for her father trying to put together the clues and the story of man learning to love something other than himself. But the girls ignorance and the stories predictability really bothered me. Molly's mother dies and she seeks out to find her biological father, then he doesn't believe her then he does. Then the have an awkward relationship and everything gets smoothed out. This post is short because there really isn't much to say on this book. Although there was one character in the book that I really liked and that was Mattie Josh's maid. She is such a doll. She is always there for anyone and always consults Molly and Josh. She reminds me of a sweet old grandmother.
The next book I'm going to read is hopefully better and a little more challenging than this one. this one had a very simple plot and not a wide vocabulary.
No comments:
Post a Comment