Tuesday, May 27, 2014

New Book

        
         I grabbed a new book off the shelf the other day and just started reading it and was blown away. I just started reading the book called "The Road". So far, not much has happened but I'm already stuck to it. This book has some of the best imagery I've read. Like I said the story hasn't quite picked up yet but I can picture the world they live as if I was there. A great passage of imagery in the book is, "When he woke in the dark and the cold of the night he'd reach out and touch the child sleeping beside him. Nights dark beyond darness adn the days more gray than that had gone before. Like the onset of some cold glaucoma dimming away the world."

         This book has a lot of mystery to how it started and it forces you to wonder what happened to the world. I still dont know the main characters names yet and so far they haven't encountered anyone else in the world. Throughout the book the author uses imagery to descibe the gray skies, the ashes, and the bitter cold. It has definitely hinted that something has laid waste to the country. I just don't know what. At first I thought that it was a bomb, but now I'm starting the think it was a series of fires that burned America, and that where all the ashes came from and they went up in the atmosphere and covered the land making it dark and cold.

        I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys apocalyptic type stories and survival books. This books envolves a lot of scavenging for food and surviving on little resources out on your own in a destroyed world.





 


No comments:

Post a Comment