Divergent Personal Review
I finished the book Divergent like I said in my last post. The book in my mind was fairly decent. It was weird becasue of the writing style and the point of view of the book. It was odd because first it was about a girl living in the future, and in the society she isn't aloud to do anything. They aren't aloud to have much of a personality because of all their freedoms have been taken away from them. they can't even look in the mirror. Like when she's going to take a test to see what faction to live in. She's just looking around at the other kids from other factions as if they're like aliens. The other kids are conversing with themselves while she can't. She describes "Patty-Cake" as an odd clapping game. Then boys are playing cards and she has no idea what there doing.
Also Tris is a girl which also adds to the difference in writing style. Most books I read the narrator is a boy. But with a girl their word choice is a little more sophisticated. And this book is really descriptive. Whenever Tris enters a room or place she likes to paint a picture in your mind. I really liked that part and it was amusing the way she described some things that are unfamilar to her yet their things that we do every day.
I would recommend this book to anyone who loves sci-fi reads. It really falls in that category but it's not way out there. It's at the point where you could also relate to the things they do to things we do. Like when they have to take a test and pick a faction, it's similar to taking a test to find a carreer path and help choose what college you would like to go to. Also this book could go to anyone who feels a little like an outsider. In this book, Tris seems a little like that in the begginning and I think this would be a good book for people like that.
I have heard a lot of people rave about this book. It seems to be a good science fiction story although I still don't know much about the plot. From what you have said it's cool that you can still relate it to modern day life. I think it's important when books have connections to the real world.
ReplyDeleteI never saw the movie but I have herd that the book was really good!
ReplyDelete