Sunday, October 27, 2013

Summary of Divergent


      I have just finished my book Divergent, and I liked it. Although it ended on a cliff hanger that continues into the next book and I don’t know if I liked it enough to continue it on for another 2 books. I haven’t posted many updates on the book lately so I’ll just five a summary for the rest of the book. I left of saying that Beatrice has to pick her faction. She ends up picking Dauntless partly because she likes the style of them. Like their jackets and piercings and things. And also because her test scores that show you which one you should chose, they didn’t really match up very well to any of the specific factions.

    To get in though she has to train and compete with others in order to get in. During this she makes friends and creates enemies. She gets a new name (Tris) and constantly has to hide that she's Divergent. There's blood, violence, and some drama. So pretty much just highschool. While in Dauntless she figures out that Erudite wants to overthrow Abnegation by brainwashing Dauntless. But because she is Divergent she doesn't get brainwashed. This is the time when she has to rise up and stand for her faction. She fights and battles to take down the enemy although she has a great loss during the battle. Her parents. And then she leaves the future town of Chicago in complete chaos. I may have to pick up the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment